Call for papers.XVI Economic and Social History Seminar Girona, 2/3-07-2014
Social and geographical mobility in rural societies (14th–19th centuries)
MàJ : 26/03/2014
International Scientific Coordination Network “Crises and Changes in the European Countryside in the long run” (CRICEC).
HAR2011-25077 projectImpoverishment and enrichment processes in rural societies: an analysis of social dynamics in History, funded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation.
The seminar aims to bring together researchers from different regions of Europe that analyse social and geographical mobility processes at different moments in history, from the medieval era to the nineteenth century. We will prioritize proposals that focus on the following issues:
1. Social and geographical mobility analysed simultaneously. We will accept papers about social factors that interfere with population movements – for example, the problem of serfdom in the medieval era – as well as studies about migratory movements, including temporary ones, associated with processes of impoverishment and enrichment.
2. Social mobility – upward or downward – or geographical mobility – also temporary – related to processes of structural change. Papers that explore new methodologies intended to capture the critical moments of these processes of change, which often take place silently, will be especially welcome.
3. Changes of residence for family or marriage reasons. It would be especially interesting to explore the direction – upward or downward – of the social mobility, of both women and men, involving changes of residence and to compare societies with different inheritance systems.
Researchers interested in presenting a paper at this seminar should send an abstract and a title before 20 March to Rosa Congost (email@example.com).
Document(s) à télécharger
Rubriques à consulter
- Call for papers.XVI Economic and Social History Seminar Girona, 2/3-07-2014
- Call for papers.Workshop Lund, Sweden 16-17/10/2014
- Call for papers.39th Annual Meeting of Social Science History Association (SSHA), Toronto. 6-9/11/2014
- Call for papers. Workshop Münster, Allemagne 13-14/11/2014
- "Call for papers, Un clergé en crise ? 1650-1900", Paris 12/12-2014
Globalisation, révolution industrieuse et commerce international : Hambourg, 1733-1798
Conférence d'Ulrich Pfister, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), professeur invité de l'équipe de recherches pour l'histoire du monde rural.
Les mutations des parcellaires. Approches comparatives. Rythmes, contextes, formes
Colloque organisé par le CERHIO UMR CNRS 6258 (Centre de Recherches Historiques de l’Ouest) et le CRICEC GDRI CNRS (CRIses and Changes in the European Countryside in the long run).
ESSHC European Social Science History Conference
Colloque de l'ESSHC
190-198 avenue de France
75013 Paris, France
Tél. : +33 (0)1 49 54 24 42
ou : +33 (0)1 49 54 25 74
Fax : +33(0)1 49 54 23 99
Dernière modification :